About 23.5 million cars were sold in China last year, an increase of 6.9 percent year-on-year,
and about 19.7 million units were passenger cars, up 9.9 percent, according to a report released
by China Association of Automobile Manufacturers on Monday.
The domestic brands passenger car registered a sales volume of 7.6 million units, up 4.1 percent.
But the Chinese brands saw their market share drop 2.1 percentage points to 38.4 percent.
Figures of 2014
01. SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile's Hongguang - Sales volume 750,000.
02. Changan Ford Focus - Sales volume: 391,800
03. Shanghai Volkswagen Lavida - Sales volume: 372,000
04. Great Wall Haval H6 - Sales volume: 315,900
05. Shanghai Volkswagen Santana - Sales volume: 307,300
06. Dongfeng-Nissan Sylphy - Sales volume: 300,100
07. FAW-VW Sagitar - Sales volume: 300,100
08. FAW-VW Jetta - Sales volume: 297,000
09. Shanghai General Motors Buick Excelle - Sales volume: 293,100
10. Shanghai General Motors Chevrolet Cruze - Sales volume: 266,000